We are a growing commercial/industrial construction company, which has diversified from residential builds. Located in Kulpmont, PA, we are currently providing services in nine surrounding states. We offer competitive compensation and a benefit package including health and dental insurance, 401k retirement program and more.
Work With Us!
Ready to work with
H & P Construction, Inc.? Fill out the online application form and we will be in contact.
H & P Construction Inc.
Carpenters should have strong attention-to-detail, problem-solving skills and mathematical abilities. Other skills include reading and following blueprints; accurately measuring and cutting materials; ensuring all work is level and square; experience in using a variety of tools and electrical tools; having physical strength; and using proper safety precautions.
• Follow direction and work well within both independent and crew settings
• Represent the company well at all times
• Complete Quality work within a specified timeline
• Possesses a basic understanding or rough carpentry and/or finish carpentry
• 1-2 years carpentry experience in field or in a technical school setting
Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) – CDL drivers transport items (including large machinery) from location to location, which might be a short distance or to different states. It typically requires long hours of driving large vehicles on the road. Our construction company utilizes drivers to ship equipment, machinery, and materials to project jobsites.
As the CDL driver you are responsible for loading equipment, materials, and machinery, using navigation tools to arrive at the right address and delivering parcels to the correct address in a safe and timely manner, which adheres to the work schedule.
CDL drivers have attended a professional driving school and have earned a commercial driver’s license (CDL). The skills required vary from project to project, but strong organizational and problem-solving skills are a plus as well as physical stamina.
• Determine supply needs through technical plans and work schedules
• Follows the best practices for safety, while on the road and when loading or unloading a truck/vehicle
• Performs basic truck/vehicle maintenance
• Manages orders of material and equipment to meet project requirements
• Coordinate supply deliveries based on priorities and project specifications
• Resolve issues to ensure timely delivery of equipment and materials
• Inspect orders upon arrival to ensure quality and quantity
• Plan and map out the transportation of materials and equipment between locations
• Maintain good relationships with suppliers, vendors, and team members
• Keep accurate records
• A valid commercial driver’s license and a driving record clear of major violations
• Understanding of technical specifications for transporting material and equipment
• Excellent tracking and directional skills
• Well-organized with the ability to multi-task
• Strong problem-solving skills
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED) is preferred
• Physical stamina
• 2 – 3 years’ experience
As a project manager, you will be charged with seeing a project through from beginning to end in a fast-paced environment. You will collaborate with clients, company leadership and team members to bring about high-quality, well-crafted structures or renovations.
Project managers are responsible for estimates, maintaining budgets, materials management, project scheduling, crew relations, communicating with clients, engineers, architects, and company leadership, keeping the project on schedule, problem-solving, promoting safety initiatives, and fostering professional relationships.
Our project manager will have a solid understanding of all areas involved in construction, be able to read blueprints, and be a firm leader. Business skills are a plus including analytical thought processing, time management, and financial reporting.
We are a growing commercial/industrial construction company, which has diversified from residential builds. Located in Kulpmont, PA, we are currently providing services in nine surrounding states. We offer compensation based on experience and a benefit package including health and dental insurance, 40 lk retirement program and more.
• Direct and manage construction projects from conception to completion while ensuring compliance with safety and building codes.
• Monitor subcontractors and the construction crew for job execution.
• Prepare reports based on job status, daily progress, estimates, and materials management.
• Provide input for project bids, contracts, and work scheduling.
• Monitor daily progress on projects to ensure quality construction standards are being meet and project remains within budget.
• Communicate with clients to provide project updates including change orders, budget adjustments, material delays or change in vendors.
• Supervise construction projects to ensure they are completed on time and exceed the customer’s expectations.
• 3-5 years’ construction experience
• Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills
• Strong management and delegation capabilities
• Financial reporting knowledge
• Physical stamina
• Bachelor’s degree in construction, business management or equivalent
• Bachelor’s degree in building science or civil engineering
Our company is looking for people who take pride in their work and aim to produce quality materials through their masonry skills. We have several masonry positions to fill within our commercial construction company.
• See the concrete finishing process through from start to finish
• Assist lead masons on larger projects
• Represent company well in front of clients, vendors, and the public
• Follow instruction from lead masons and be willing to learn
• Ability to lay block, brick, and various types of stone, etc.
• Possess a basic understanding of masonry and concrete process
• Knowledge of handheld and power tools
• 1-2 years as a concrete laborer or mason in field or in a technical school setting
• Must be physically fit and able